Thursday 23 November 2006

Give Thanks!

Happy Happy Turkey Day Everyone!
We are looking forward to a lovely dinner at Marcliffe with lots of friends. Last year we had turkey, gamon, various salads, skirlie (oatmeal stuffing), potatoes, and some veggies. Dessert consisted of scottish pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and something chocolate and all were served with cream. I actually love the cream part! I also have become quite attached to the skirlie which is oats and onions fried in butter. Interesting! I apologize if I have spelled it wrong and I also apologize for not rolling my r's when I say it. Today, I will probably make a pumpkin pie for the family ( which has 2 additional members from TX). I do have my one remaining can of libby's. Yummy!
Here's to watching the pilgrim candles melt! (You will only understand this if you have attended one of the many family Thanksgivings with the Smith/sisters families.)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

LOve it that you have taken the plunge with blogging. Will you come help me start this weekend?

Happy thanksgiving.