Wednesday 29 November 2006

2 Days to December


Nice sunny day here in Aberdeen. Makes me want to run around outside and take pictures---too much to do though.

Trying to address Advent calendars to 10 young people, sorry but they are going to be late. That means that you get to open more than one window on the day you receive them. Remember that the Advent Season actually starts this Sunday! Is YOUR wreath ready?

Still haven't finalized my recipe Christmas card. Presents have been purchased, but nothing wrapped and certainly nothing sent off to the States. {Amber is just a lovin' on me right now, strange since I was the one to take her to the vet's yesterday to be fixed.}

I am very proud of myself though for starting the holiday prep off with making "Chinese noodle candy". Yeah! It is always the first thing I do!

Melt a bag of chocolate chips and a bag of butterscotch chips in a glass bowl in the microwave. Stir in a can of chow mein noodles and a cup of salted peanuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls on waxed paper. Once solid again you my store in any airtight container---I usually keep them in the freezer. [I am soooo excited that I remembered to pick up the cans of noodles in the States this summer, & the butterscotch chips]
I hope your Thanksgiving was joyous, funfilled , and tummy-stretching! I really enjoyed dinner at the Marcliffe(not skirlie---so sad) and returning home to have fantabulous pumpkin pie with the family+friends.

No comments: